Python introduction: What is Python in a nutshell.
What is Python Programming Language?
Python is a very popular programming language, created by Guido van Rossum and it was released in 1991.
It is used for:
- software development
- data science
- web development
- data analytics
- system scripting
Python Introduction: Why you should learn Python?
Python is an interpreted, interactive, high-level, and object-oriented scripting language. Python language is designed to be highly readable. Python uses English keywords frequently whereas other languages use punctuation, and it has fewer syntactical constructions than other programming languages.
Python is a must for students and working professionals to become great Software Engineers especially when they are working in the Web Development area. Here is a list of some of the key advantages of learning Python:
- Python is Interpreted ? You don’t need to compile your program before executing it. Python is processed at runtime by the interpreter.
- Python is Object-Oriented Programming language? Python support Object-Oriented style and technique of programming that encapsulates code within objects.
- Python is suitable for Beginners ? Python is a good language for the beginner-level programmers and it supports the development of a wide range of applications.
Why to use Python?
- Python works on different operating systems like Mac, Windows, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc.
- It has a simple syntax that is easy to read.
- It allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- It runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written.
Python Introduction: Python Characteristics
These are important characteristics of Python Programming?
Python supports functional and structured programming methods as well as OOP.
Python can be used as a scripting language or can be compiled to byte-code for building large applications.
Python provides very high-level dynamic data types and supports dynamic type checking.
Python supports automatic garbage collection.
Python can be easily integrated with C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.